Molecular Formula: C20H23CaN7O6
Formula Weight: 497.5
Grade: Pharmaceutical Grade
Appearance: Off-white to Pale Yellow Powder
Also called as Methylfolate, Levomefolate calcium, L-5-Methyltetrahydrofolate calcium, L-MTHF-Ca, MTHF, L- MTHF, Methyltetrahydrofolate, 5-MTHF, is a source of folate and an alternative to folic acid for use in human food and food supplements. The safety of L-5-MTHF-Ca was evaluated by testing for genotoxicity, subchronic and prenatal developmental toxicity.
● Dietary supplementation with folic acid or the calcium salt of L-5-MTHF are recommended to improve folate status and prevent adverse effects related to folate deficiency;
● Calcium L‐Methylfolate is a source from which folate is bioavailable;
● Calcium L‐Methylfolate is safe under the proposed uses and use levels for infants and young children.
● Potential use of MTHF in depression.
● Our body counts on methylfolate to produce red blood cells. A deficiency can lead to anemia or a low red blood cell count.
● Calcium L-methylfolate plays a significant role during pregnancy as Calcium L-methylfolate prevents mother away from calcium deficiency and ensures baby grows healthily at the same time.
● 5-MTHF also plays many other roles in our body. These include repairing DNA, aiding and supporting immune function, the body’s detoxification system, energy production, and more.
Request A Quote